Can I wash my Mommy Soother?
- Mommy Soothers can be wiped clean with a damp cloth- NEVER put the product in the washer/dryer as this will damage it. Never microwave after product has been wiped clean.
How long do I need to microwave for warm therapy?
- Place each side on top of each other in the microwave. Heat for 30 seconds then flip both and heat an additional 30 seconds. If additional time is needed it is recommended to heat in 15 second intervals. Microwave times may vary. Heating more than 1 minute may cause the material and/or flax seed to burn. Always check temperature before using and supervise product while in microwave.
- Microwave guidelines: It is important for you to be aware of the wattage of your microwave, there should be a sticker inside on door with wattage specifications. Microwaves over 1500watts (or industrial microwaves) have not been tested. If your microwave does not have a rotating turntable - cut microwave times in HALF to prevent overheating.
- Be sure microwave is CLEAN and free of grease or leftover food as this would cause burning to the product.
What are the benefits of warm therapy?
- Warm therapy can be used prior to feedings to help encourage milk let-down, open clogged milk ducts and aide with mastitis.
How long do I place in the freezer for cold therapy?
- Use carrying case or sealable bag and place in freezer for at least one hour.
When should I use cold therapy?
- Cold therapy can be used after feedings to assist with engorgement, mastitis and soothe soreness.
Can I reuse my Mommy Soother?
- Definitely! This product is reusable- and once taken care of it should last for all your breast-feeding days!
What is inside the packs?
- All natural flax seed filling and around the neck batting for comfort.
Can I use this while pumping?
- Of course- this is for the multi-tasking Mommy, use it while pumping or before feeding but never while the baby is latched on the breast.
I don't have mastitis, engorgement or other breast complications- do I really need to use the Mommy Soother?
- We believe our product will not only assist with complications but also help maintain a healthy, consistent milk- let down throughout your entire breast-feeding journey.
My breast feeding experience isn't improving- what now?
- Our product is not intended to replace or substitute the advice and direction of a medical professional. We suggest you consult with an IBCLC ( International Board Cetified Lactation Specialist) who can identify if you have an underlying issue. They will also be able to advise you on when, if and how you should use warm and cool therapy along with your nursing regime.
How can I find out more breast feeding advice and support?
Am I able to get this as a gift for a new or expecting Mom?
- What makes this a great gift is its ability to fit woman of all sizes throughout their entire breast-feeding journey. You won't have to worry if it fits or give the typical "bag of baby clothes" gift. This is the gift that keeps on giving (milk that is!)
Are you interested in joining the Mommy Soothers team?
- We are looking for motivated Mommies who can help us spread the word and educate Mommies everywhere on the benefits of breast-feeding. Our Brand Ambassador program allows you to sell to friends/co-workers, family and earn commission! Email us at MommySoothers@gmail.com with your name and phone number.